Our Core Values and Our Commitment to Sustainability
While Loews’s subsidiaries operate in vastly different businesses, we expect each subsidiary to demonstrate certain shared philosophies and values. Most notable are the following five tenets, which extend across all of Loews:
- Our view is long, and we rarely measure the significance of an event based on its short-term impact.
- We conduct our business and treat our stakeholders with honesty, integrity and respect.
- We manage our businesses and resources conservatively, focusing on the downside. This includes maintaining a strong liquidity position, both to protect our interests and to take advantage of opportunities.
- We continually evolve, because circumstances and markets are always changing.
- We work collaboratively and collegially and value diverse opinions and backgrounds, as this enhances decision-making and makes the workplace more satisfying and fun.
Both at the parent company and at each subsidiary, these values influence our position on sustainability. In particular, our steadfast focus on the long term and on the importance of honest and respectful relationships informs our emphasis on ethics, integrity and community. Our preference for conservative resource management translates into how we think about the environment and how we can best adapt to the shifting global marketplace. In every aspect of our operations, we aim to work responsibly, with veracity and dependability.